Last fall, Rockwell Automation released the PlantPAx 5.0 distributed control system (DCS) to help industrial producers make better and faster process control decisions. The new system is designed to be an integral part of your organization’s digital transformation strategy, helping you be more profitable and productive, while reducing operational risk.
Producers in all industrial settings are constantly managing complexities and challenges to stay competitive. Rockwell Automation developed PlantPAx 5.0 to deliver the latest technological advancements that will aid in your organization’s ever-evolving digital transformation journey.
PlantPAx 5.0 Exceeds Expectations
The latest release of PlantPAx introduces a number of advantages your organization can take advantage of, including:
- Smaller Footprint: PlantPAx 5.0 introduces new process controllers that utilize cutting-edge processing power and capacity to create a less complex architecture. The reduced footprint also brings the total cost of system ownership down through its entire lifecycle.
- Increased Consistency: Native process instructions are embedded in the controllers with PlantPAx 5.0, so project teams can adopt control strategy approaches that drive improved consistency for both individual projects and multi-site deployments.
- Streamlined Workflows: Configuring instrumentations, alarms, and diagnostic system elements represents a significant investment of resources for development teams. PlantPAx 5.0 gives operators the extended ability to view underlying control logic in a safe and secure manner.
- TUV-Certification for Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity is a paramount concern. That’s why PlantPAx 5.0 system architectures are TUV-certified to the international standard ISA-99/IEC 62443-3-3, which provides guidance on the implementation of an electronically secured system.
- Integration with Analytics: The purpose-built framework allows you to easily connect live and historical data from the DCS into reporting and analytical tools. This creates opportunities for extended experiences like Augmented Reality, and easy integration with scalable analytic packages.
Reimagining the Capabilities of a Distributed Control System
PlantPAx 5.0 allows you to integrate all your automation operations into a Connected Enterprise. It’s a real difference maker in your ability to improve productivity, capitalize on efficiencies, and lower costs. This modern DCS gives you a single plant-wide control system and increases your flexibility to make better-informed business decisions.
Imagine process, discrete, power, information, and safety control seamlessly integrated into a single plant-wide infrastructure. It’s possible with PlantPAx 5.0. And with that integration comes a host of benefits including common platforms, seamless information flow, ease of management, and a lower total cost of ownership.
You’ll also enjoy the increased flexibility of a wide range of architecture options. The same platform used for single stations can be deployed for large, distributed architectures. That means easy integration without the need to replicate data, increased speed to market, and scalable system capabilities like HMI, batch management, and data collection.
Based on open communication standards that leverage EtherNet/IP, the PlantPAx modern DCS makes real-time information readily available through the entire enterprise. Better data means better decisions. And the PlantPAx DCS can be delivered in conjunction with other Rockwell Automation solutions by your local process system integrator who you know and rely on for support.
Supporting Your Operations Lifecycle
Rockwell Automation recognizes that your organization needs a global partner that understands your industry to achieve an effective lifecycle strategy. They combine expertise and technology to partner at every stage of your lifecycle and expand possibilities for your operation.
- Design Phase: Faster engineering and standardization means your team can pivot away from non value-add tasks and focus on the work that brings maximum impact.
- Build Phase: Minimize disruptions to your project timeline with faster commissioning and better skid integration. PlantPAx features technology to enable your teams to troubleshoot issues in commissioning phases while remaining flexible enough to adopt late-binding changes. You can also trim project timelines with the ability to run effective acceptance tests with the skid integration capabilities and simulation tools.
- Sustain Phase: The smaller footprint and simplified modernization path from PlantPAx makes your system easier to maintain, operate, and modernize.
- Improve Phase: Expand and enhance with diagnostic capabilities, open access, and analytics and optimization tools.
French Gerleman is Your PlantPAx 5.0 Connection
Interested in putting the power of PlantPAx 5.0 DCS to work for your industrial operations? Your first call should be your local French Gerleman branch. Your account manager will support the game plan to get the most out of this powerful new technology from Rockwell Automation.
French Gerleman is only authorized to distribute Allen-Bradley, Rockwell Software and Rockwell Automation products in select geographic areas. Contact us for more information.