At French Gerleman, we recognize that commercial and manufacturing facilities utilize a great deal of energy for their daily operations. Fortunately, Ameren does as well, and once again this year, is offering incentives to help to make your business more energy efficient and save you money in the process. The initial cost to move your business towards cleaner energy can seem prohibitive, but with the current initiatives, now is the time to go green (or greener).
The list of new energy saving incentives is extensive and can greatly benefit Ameren’s commercial and industrial electrical customers. Our Energy Incentive Specialists at French Gerleman want to help you to save money and energy across all of your sites by informing you of the requirements.
Focus for 2019 Incentives: Lighting and Variable Frequency Drives
Currently, Ameren Illinois and Ameren Missouri are offering cash incentives for a number of projects, including lighting replacement and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) installs as provided by French Gerleman. These incentives are something to have on your radar screen, as the savings can be huge.
For 2019, both Ameren Illinois and Ameren Missouri’s programs offer incentives for pre-approval, including lighting upgrades which are based on the amount of energy savings. This year, the program favors fixture replacement over lamp replacement. Incentives are offered for various types of replacements and range from 20 cents per watt reduced to 50 cents per watt reduced. These savings can help you offset the cost of the replacement relatively quickly, and provide you with lower electric bills for years to come.
In the VFD programs, Ameren Illinois and Ameren Missouri are offering no pre-approval for projects under $10,000, with allowable reimbursement of up to 80% of the total project cost. Again, this is a great way to upgrade, gain efficiency well into the future, and pay for the cost of replacement through both incentive dollars and future savings. Here are just two examples of products offered by French Gerleman which qualify for the incentives, and which can save you thousands of dollars:
- Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 753 AC Drives: At 75 HP, applicable incentive dollars could total as much as $7,500.
- Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 523 AC Drives: Applicable incentive dollars for a 30 HP drive could reach up to $3,000.
There are several pieces of equipment, such as chilled water pumps, HVAC fans, and hot water pumps that can benefit from the addition of a VFD that qualify for the incentives to the tune of $80 – $100 per horsepower. To qualify, the existing motor must not already have a VFD, the system must have a variable or reduced load, and installation must have necessary control points and parameters.
Taking Advantage of the Incentive Programs
For your convenience, we’ve prepared a list of “fast facts” that you need to be aware of to take advantage of the incentive programs.
- Your non-residential facility qualifies if you are working on an electric project: delivery service rate DS2, DS3, DS4, DS5, or DS6 and Energy Efficiency Programs Charge on Ameren electric bill for the service point corresponding to the electric project.
- Your project qualifies if you are installing new, energy efficient equipment, and your new equipment meets eligibility guidelines, and your estimated project completion date is by December 31, 2019.
- Project reimbursement is capped at 80% of total project costs.
If you meet the above requirements there are the easy steps you can take to benefit from the incentives program.
- You must determine if your project requires pre-approval. Pre-approval is required for projects which total more than $10,000
- If pre-approval is required, submit the pre-approval application. You will receive an approval letter regarding your request. Please do not purchase materials or issue any purchase orders until you receive official approval. If a pre-inspection is required, you will be notified.
- If your total project is under $10,000 and does not require a pre-approval application, an application for “funds reserved” may be submitted, or you may begin the project.
- Submit a completed Incentive Payment Request form and include all of your supporting documentation within 30 days of project completion (all of the equipment must be installed and operational) or by December 31, 2019 – whichever date comes first. Applications are then reviewed and approved projects are paid within 60 days of approval.
- Since all equipment must be installed and operational, program staff may conduct a post installation verification inspection upon receiving final application paperwork.
The great news is, you don’t have to go through this process alone. French Gerleman specialists are here to assist you to take advantage of these programs. If you are interested in saving money please contact your Account Manager, or contact us to find out how we can partner with you to make the process seamless and start you on a path to greener energy.